Configuring Your Email Client for SSL
Email settings may differ from program to program, but all email clients require
the same basic information in order to function.
Below is a list of the various pieces of information required by most email clients to enable SSL. If you have difficulty configuring your particular email software, please refer to the documentation that came with that program, or contact the manufacturer of the software.
IMAP & POP3 Mail AccountsSSL may be enabled on POP3, IMAP, and SMTP mail protocols, and requires only minor changes to mail client set up.
In your Email account properties, under the "servers" tab:
- Use: sslserver.com for your incoming & outgoing server names.
- Use: the accountname@domainname format for your account ID.
In your Email Account Properties, under the "advanced" tab:
- Choose: "this server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- Use port 993 for IMAP protocol
- Use port 995 for POP3 protocol
- Use port 465 for SMTP protocol