Creating Connections to External Databases
To let your Web applications use external databases for storing the data, you need to create connections to these external databases.
To create an ODBC connection to an external database:
- Go to Domains > domain name > ODBC Data Sources.
- Click Add New ODBC DSN.
- Specify the ODBC connection name and description in the corresponding fields.
- Select the required driver in the Driver field.
- Click OK.
- Choose the appropriate options on the driver configuration screen. Typically, you should specify the path to the database, user credentials and other connection options, depending on the selected driver.
- Click Test to check whether the connection will function properly with provided settings. Click Finish to complete the creation.