Improving Accuracy of Spam Detection
To improve accuracy of spam detection:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Mail Accounts > e-mail address > Spam Filtering > Training.
Note: In Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux/Unix platforms, each message is accompanied by an icon in the left column, which tells if a message is recognized as spam - , non-spam - , or not recognized at all - . If you have already trained your spam filter on a message and the results were recorded in the spam filter's database, an icon is shown in the right column.
- Train the spam filter.
In most cases, you can tell if a message is spam by looking at its subject line and sender's name. If they do not give you any clue, try looking inside the message using your e-mail program or Webmail interface.
- To mark a message as spam, select the corresponding check box and click 'It's Spam!'.
- To mark a message as not spam, select the corresponding check box and click 'It's Not Spam'.
- To remove any information on a given message from the spam filter database, select the corresponding check box and click 'Forget It'.
- Once finished with training, you can remove spam e-mails from your mailbox using your e-mail program or Webmail interface.