Installing Java Web Applications
You can install Java Web application packages in the Web archive format (WAR). These Java applications are not distributed with Parallels Plesk Panel, therefore you should obtain them separately.
To install a Java Web application:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Java Applications and clickSwitch On.
This will start the Tomcat service, which provides an environment for Java code to run in cooperation with a Web server.
- Click Install New Application.
- Specify the path to an application package you wish to install (this can be an application package in WAR format saved on your computer's hard drive), or click Browse to navigate to it, then clickOK.
Now the application is installed and the respective entry is added to the list of installed Java applications (Domains > domain name > Java Applications).
To access the web interface of a Java Web application, do any of the following:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Java Applications, and click a respective hyperlink in the Path column.
- Type the URL in your browser. For example: http://your-domain.com:9080/storefront/.
To stop, start or restart a Java Web application:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Java Applications. A list of installed applications will open.
- Locate an application on the list, and use the icons in the right part of the list to perform the required operations:
- To start an application, click the icon .
- To stop an application, click the icon .
- To restart an application, click the icon .
To uninstall a Java Web application:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Java Applications.
- Select a check box corresponding to the application that you no longer need. Click Remove, confirm the removal and click OK.