Here you can view and manipulate your logs.
All connections to the Web server and requests for files that were not found on the server are registered in log files. These log files are analyzed by the statistical utilities running on the server, which then present graphical reports on demand. You may want to download these log files to your computer for processing by third-party statistical utilities, or view their contents for web server debugging purposes.
To prevent these log files from growing too large, you should enable automatic cleanup and recycling of log files:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Log Manager > Log Rotation.
- Click Switch On in the Tools group. If you see only Switch Off there, this means that log recycling is already switched on.
- Specify when to recycle log files and how many instances of each log file to store on the server. Also specify whether they should be compressed and sent to an e-mail address after processing.
- Click OK.
To view the contents of a log file or download it to your computer:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Log Manager. A list of log files opens.
- Do any of the following:
- To specify the number of lines from the end of the log file that you would like to view, type a number into the input box under thePreferences group.
- To view the contents of a log file, click its file name.
- To download a file to your computer, click an icon , corresponding to the file you need.
- To remove a processed log file from the server, select a corresponding check box and click Remove. Confirm removal and click OK.