Obtaining and Installing SSL Certificates from Comodo, GeoTrust Inc. or Godaddy
To purchase an SSL certificate through MyPleskCom online store and secure your site:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Control Panel > Websites & Domains > Secure Your Site with SSL. A list of SSL certificates that you have in your repository will be displayed.
- Click Add SSL Certificate.
- Specify the certificate properties:
- Certificate name. This will help you identify this certificate in the repository.
- Encryption level. Choose the encryption level of your SSL certificate. We recommend that you choose a value more than 1024 bit.
- Specify your location and organization name. The values you enter should not exceed the length of 64 symbols.
- Specify the domain name for which you wish to purchase an SSL certificate. This should be a fully qualified domain name. Example: www.your-domain.com.
- Enter the domain administrator's e-mail address.
- Make sure that all the provided information is correct and accurate, as it will be used to generate your private key.
- Click Buy SSL Certificate. Your private key and certificate signing request will be generated — do not delete them. MyPlesk.com login page will open in a new browser window.
- Register or login to an existing MyPlesk.com account and you will be taken step by step through the certificate purchase procedure.
- Choose the type of certificate that you wish to purchase.
- Click Proceed to Buy and order the certificate. In the Approver E-Mail drop-down box, please select the correct Approver e-mail.
- The approver e-mail is an e-mail address that can confirm that certificate for specific domain name was requested by an authorized person.
- Once your certificate request is processed, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. After you confirm, the SSL certificate will be sent to your e-mail.
- When you receive your SSL certificate, save it on your local machine or network.
- Return to the SSL Certificates repository (Domains > domain name > SSL Certificates).
- Click Browse in the middle of the page and navigate to the location of the saved certificate. Select it, and then click Send File. This will upload and install the certificate against the corresponding private key.
- Return to your domain's administration screen (Domains > domain name) and click Web Hosting Settings.
- Select the SSL certificate that you wish to install from the Certificate menu.
If there is no Certificate menu on the screen, this means that you are on a shared hosting account; therefore, you need to upgrade your hosting package and purchase a dedicated IP address from your hosting provider.
- Select the SSL support check box and click OK.