Viewing the List of Operations You Can Perform within Your Control Panel
To view the list of operations you can perform within your control panel, go to Home > My resources and permissions overview. The permissions for operations are listed as follows:
- DNS zone managementAllows the subscriber to manage the DNS zones of their domains.
- Hosting settings managementAllows modifying parameters of hosting service provided with the subscription: changing hosting account features and switching on or off support for programming and scripting languages, custom error documents, SSL support, and (Windows only) Microsoft FrontPage support.
- PHP safe mode managementAllows the subscriber to toggle such hosting parameter as PHP safe mode for their sites. By default, PHP is configured to operate in safe mode with functional restrictions. However, some Web applications may not work properly with the safe mode enabled. To learn more about PHP safe mode, refer to http://php.net/features.safe-mode.
- Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policyAllows the subscriber to override the hosting security policy, if it is applied by the provider.
- Managemnet of access to the server (Can allow access to any type of shell over SSHProvides the Access over SSH service, which lets the subscriber access a server shell over SSH under their system user account. Also, lets the subscriber set up such hosting parameter as SSH access to server shell under the subscription's system user.
- Management of access to server over Remote Desktop (Windows hosting)Lets the subscriber access the server via Remote Desktop protocol.
- Anoymous FTP managementProvides the anonymous FTP service, which lets the subscriber set up a directory shared over FTP protocol and available to anonymous users. A subscription should reside on a dedicated IP address in order to provide this service.
- Scheduler managementProvides the Scheduler service, which lets the subscriber schedule running of scripts or utilities.
- Spam Filter ManagementLets the subscriber customize filtering settings of SpamAssassin spam filter.
- Antivirus ManagementLets the subscriber change settings of server-side protection of incoming and outgoing mail from viruses.
- Data backup and restoration using the server repositoryProvides the Backup/Restore service which lets the subscriber use storage on the server for their backups.
- Data backup and restoration using a personal FTP repositoryProvides the Backup/Restore service which lets the subscriber use external FTP servers for storing their backups.
- Web statistics managementLets the subscriber set up such hosting parameter as Web statistics, that is, selecting which Web statistics engine should be used, and toggling if the data is accessible via a specific password-protected directory.
- Log rotation ManagementLets the subscriber adjust the cleanup and recycling of processed log files for his or her sites. Also, lets the subscriber remove log files.
- Access to Application CatalogProvides the subscriber with access to prepackaged applications that can be installed on websites.
- Subdomains managementLets the subscriber set up additional websites accessible by . addresses.
- Domain aliases managementLets the subscriber set up additional alternative domain names for their websites and allow.
- Additional FTP accounts managementLets the subscriber manage FTP accounts for accessing the subscription's files and folders.
- Java applications managementLets the subscriber install Java applications on their websites.
- Mailing lists managementLets the subscriber use mailing lists provided by the GNU Mailman software.
- Hosting performance settings managementLets the subscriber set up limits on bandwidth usage and number of connections to their websites.
- Hard disk quota assignmentLets the subscriber set up such hosting parameter as Hard disk quota.
- Database server selectionLets the subscriber select a database server of each type for creating their databases, as opposed to always using the default database server.