Publishing Sites Through Parallels Plesk Panel's File Manager
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel.
- Go to Domains > domain name > File Manager.
- Create and upload files and directories.
Place the files and directories that should be accessible via HTTP protocol to the
httpdocsdirectory, and files/directories that should be transferred securely over SSL protocol to the
httpsdocsdirectory. Place your CGI scripts into the
- To create a new directory within your current location, click Add New Directory.
- To create new files in the required directory, click Add New File, in the File creation section specify the file name, select the Use html template check box, if you want file manager to insert some basic html tags to the new file, and click OK. A page will open allowing you to enter the content or html-formatted source of a new file. When finished, click OK.
- To upload a file from the local machine, click Add New File, specify the path to its location in the File sourcebox (or use the Browse button to locate the file), and click OK.
- To edit a Web page in the built-in visual editor (available only to users of Microsoft Internet Explorer), click . When editing an HTML file, Parallels Plesk Panel opens internal WYSIWYG editor by default. If you want to edit the source code of the HTML file, click HTML. To return back to WYSIWYG mode, click Design.
- To edit the source code of a file, click .
- To view the file, click .
- To rename a file or directory, click . Type in a new name and click OK.
- To copy or move a file or directory to another location, select the required file or directory using the appropriate check box, and click Copy/Move. Specify the destination for the file or directory to be copied or renamed to, then click Copy to copy, or Move to move it.
- To update the file or directory creation date, click Change timestamp. The time stamp will be updated with the current local time.
- To remove a file or directory, select the corresponding check box, and click Remove. Confirm removal and clickOK.