To view the resource allotments for your account, on your Home page, click Resource Usage. The resource allotments are shown as follows:
- Maximum number of domains. The total number of domain names/web sites you can host on the server. This includes web sites that you host on this server, and domain forwarders that point to web sites hosted on other servers. Domain aliases (additional domain names for a site hosted on this server) are not limited by this resource type.
- Maximum number of subdomains. The total number of subdomains that can be hosted for your sites.
- Maximum number of domain aliases. The total number of additional alternative domain names that you can use for your sites.
- Disk space. The total amount of disk space in megabytes that can be occupied by your web sites and sites of your customers. It includes disk space occupied by all files related to all domains/web sites: web site contents, databases, applications, mailboxes, log files and backup files. This is the so-called soft quota: when it is exceeded, domain names and web sites are not suspended automatically, only the appropriate notices are sent to your and your provider's e-mail addresses.
- Maximum amount of traffic. The amount of data in megabytes that can be transferred from your web sites during a month. Once the limit is reached, the appropriate notices are sent to your and your provider's e-mail addresses.
- Maximum number of web users. The total number of personal web pages that you or your customers can host for other users. This service is mostly used in educational institutions that host non-commercial personal pages of their students and staff. These pages usually have web addresses like http://your-domain.com/~username. Refer to the Hosting Personal Web Pages on Your Web Server section for details.
- Maximum number of databases. The total number of databases that can be hosted on the server.
- Maximum number of mailboxes. The total number of mailboxes that can be hosted on the server.
- Mailbox quota. The limit on amount of disk space in kilobytes that can be allocated to each mailbox for storing e-mail messages and autoresponder attachment files.
- Maximum number of mail forwarders. The total number of mail forwarders that can be set up on the server.
- Maximum number of mail autoresponders. The total number of automatic responses that can be set up on the server.
- Maximum number of mailing lists. The total number of mailing lists that can be hosted on the server. The mailing lists are served by the GNU Mailman software, which may or may not be installed on the server. If it is not installed and you or your customers would like to use it, ask your provider to install it.
- Maximum number of Java applications. The total number of Java applications or applets that can be hosted on the server.
- Validity period. The term of your hosting or reseller account. At the end of the term, your domains/web sites will be suspended, their Web, FTP and mail services will no longer be accessible to the Internet users, and domain owners will not be able to log in to their control panels.